We can finally see that the bear market is coming to an end, and hopefully, the light we see at the end of the tunnel is not that of an oncoming train. Now that altcoins are finally starting to pick up steam, it’s the perfect time to go on a quest for the ones that could be good bear market investments.But it’s not going to be simple. With crypto, it never is. Yet, hope springs eternal here at Blockzeit so we decided to profile 7 crypto projects to consider investing in as 2022 winds down.
Since the beginning of the year, the blockchain industry has been growing quickly in new areas. Some of these areas are DeFi, the Metaverse, and NFT marketplaces.
This means, as always, research is key to finding winning projects.
Even though Ethereum, Filecoin, XRP, and Shiba Inu are still strong altcoins, there are now a few more on the list that have the potential to see strong gains in the coming months.
This article will look at the best altcoins to buy in a bear market.
- Ethereum (ETH) – Most Widely Adopted Blockchain
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) – Altcoin with Recent Huge Updates
- Solana (SOL) – The Fastest Blockchain
- Ripple (XRP) – Best Altcoin for Day Traders
- The Sandbox (SAND) – Impressive Metaverse Technology
- Filecoin (FIL) – Best Altcoin for Data Storage
- Binance Coin (BNB) – Large Cap Altcoin
The 7 best cryptocurrencies to invest in now
Creating a flexible crypto portfolio with different types of coins like meme coins, DeFi, Metaverse, etc. is one of the safest ways to set yourself up for bigger gains.
We looked at the features, tokenomics, underlying technology, daily trade volumes, and teams behind hundreds of different currencies.
Ethereum is the most valuable altcoin on the market. It is the second most valuable cryptocurrency after Bitcoin.
It not only has the biggest platform for smart contracts in the crypto world, but it is also where some of the most important Metaverse, DeFi, and Web3 projects are built.
Because of this, ETH coins have some of the most advanced uses, which is a direct cause of its mind-boggling 1.5 million percent price growth in November 2021.
Even though the network has had some problems in the past year because of high gas fees and too many transactions, no other cryptocurrency comes close to the size of its smart chain platform.
Even though this won’t stop many future off-chain and on-chain projects from being built on the ETH network, the problems are already being fixed by the network’s founder, Vitalik Buterin.
Specifically, he is building an Ethereum 2.0 network that will make the whole thing work better and limit the amount of Ethereum that can be made (even despite the huge demand).
When you add this to the fact that the market is getting better, you get one of the best altcoins to buy in 2022.
The updated Ethereum 2.0 network is also seen as a serious threat to some of the market’s faster and more advanced networks. After all, it wouldn’t be the first time that ETH was much better than its competitors.
Some crypto experts even think that Ethereum will replace Bitcoin as the most popular cryptocurrency in the world by 2030.
Some people might think this is going too far, but ETH already has a much more developed ecosystem than BTC and has uses that Bitcoin just can’t match.
Meme coins aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but Shiba Inu is one of the best altcoins to buy because its price will go up by 48,000,000% by 2021.
After all, this return on investment is what put it in the top 20 cryptos by market cap, which is not an easy thing to do again.
Shiba Inu is no longer a typical meme coin, though.
- The token is slowly becoming a DeFi system that has a much larger ecosystem than meme coins like DOGE.
- Also, the founders recently announced that Shibarium, a layer-2 blockchain, and SHIB Eternity, a collectible card game, will be coming out soon.
Here are some more details about what will change with these two things:
- Once the Shibarium ecosystem is up and running, both Shiba Inu coins and the Shiboshi NFT collection will be given to it.
- In the Collectible Card Game, each Shiboshi has its own special ways to use it.
- The people who play the card game will get TREAT rewards.
- But Shiba Inu isn’t just working on that.
There is even a legit staking program for LEASH and BONE tokens that lets coin owners earn extra rewards and a passive income.
Shiba Swap is another feature. It is a decentralized exchange and an artist incubator where developers and digital artists can promote their projects.
Even though SHIB is still a long way from its ATH for 2021, there is a big chance that it will beat that number and set new highs in 2022.
The fastest blockchain, debuted in 2017, but it didn’t go live until 2020.
- Solana has a very fast smart contract platform that makes transactions happen quickly and with low fees. This made it known as the “Ethereum Killer” as soon as it came out.
- Even though this altcoin did very well at first, crypto traders didn’t really pay much attention to it at first.
- But things finally changed in 2021, when the token almost exploded and became one of the most popular cryptos on the market.
Solana has done a great job of making ETH network technologies like DeFi apps, Metaverse and NFT projects, P2E crypto games, and decentralized exchanges even better.
Solana Proof of History
The PoH (proof-of-history) consensus system is another thing that sets SOL apart from other projects.
- The mechanism stamps transactions with timestamps, which greatly reduces the amount of information that validators get. This makes the process much faster than with PoS (proof-of-stake) models.
- Solana can now deal with more than 60,000 TPS (transactions per second).
- This is one of the main reasons why the peak price of Solana coins was 130,000% higher than the price at the start.
Also, the bear market didn’t have much of an effect on how the Solana network grew. The network was impacted by some very public outages, however.
The founders are always adding new programs and protocols to the network and ecosystem to make it more secure
Once the market starts to recover, it’s very likely that Solana will pass its historic all-time high and reach new heights, making it one of the best altcoins to buy in the current 2022 bear market.
When Ripple came out in 2012, many crypto experts and analysts thought that it was the biggest threat to Bitcoin on the market.
This may turn out to be true.
Ripple got the attention of financial institutions all over the world quickly because it could replace SWIFT and change the way cross-border payments work.
Ripple peaked around 2018 and there was a 68,000% price increase.
But after that, things began to go wrong.
- The SEC sued Ripple Labs and its founders in the US Federal Court of Justice, which dropped the price of XRP in just a few days.
- The price of XRP is 90% less than it was at its all-time high (ATH). This makes it one of the best undervalued altcoins on the market.
- Because the lawsuit is coming to an end, it’s also the best altcoin to buy for trading on a whim.
- If Ripple wins, the price will go through the roof again. If it loses the lawsuit, on the other hand, we might be looking at yet another low for this interesting cryptocurrency.
Still, many professional traders think that Ripple’s future is bright and that the price of each XRP token will go up by at least 500% by the end of 2023.
The Sandbox is one of the most interesting Metaverse altcoins, and players can use it to explore the Sandbox ecosystem and interact with each other.
- Players can make and change their characters in the Metaverse and then use them in P2E games.
- People who complete certain quests and win competitions get SAND tokens, which are the main form of currency in the game.
- Later, players can buy plots of land in the ecosystem with the SAND tokens. They build their own homes on the Sandbox land and then sell them as NFTs on the open market.
- Some investors aren’t sure how profitable this can be, so you should know that a Sandbox player just sold 100 virtual lands for an incredible $4.2 million.
- In the middle of 2020, one SAND token cost $0.05, and in November 2021, it was worth $8.45, which is a 16,000% increase.
- At the moment, one SAND token costs $3, which makes it one of the best altcoins to buy in 2022 if you want to potentially make sizeable profits.
According to their website Filecoin is a network designed to store humanity’s most important information. Put another way if you could invest in the next Google at a rock bottom price you’d consider it, right?. That’s why Filecoin makes our list.
Since so many businesses are now run online, it’s not too surprising that storage space is now seen as a critical component of corporate efficiency, growth and profitability.
- Amazon Web Services has been the only big player in the storage market, but Filecoin wants to change that in a big way.
- Filecoin works as a decentralized storage platform where token holders can use unused storage space.
- Also, people who rent out storage space can earn FIL, which is the native Filecoin currency.
- Filecoin wants to use blockchain technology to make storage services better and more affordable.
This kind of idea can be very profitable, especially if Web 3.0 technology starts to rely more on blockchain networks. This could make Filecoin the main cloud storage platform.
Filecoin should be on any trader’s list of the best altcoins to buy because the need for storage space is likely to keep going up over the next few years.
Due to its large market cap, Binance Coin has been at the top of the cryptocurrency industry for years.
- Binance Coin is the native token of the Binance Exchange, which is one of the largest places to buy and sell cryptocurrencies in the world.
- BNB is determined to stay on top for the foreseeable future thanks to its unique uses and the buzz around Binance.
Even though this altcoin’s value has been flat for the past few months due to the development of the Binance Smart Chain, many investors still think it is one of the top altcoins to invest in for a bear market.
We included cryptos that incorporate different kinds of technologies, from DeFi and Metaverse to P2E crypto projects. However, even though these best bear market altcoins may have a significant run towards the end of 2022, you shouldn’t overlook the long-range potential of Bitcoin.
As always, don’t forget to do your own research and never invest more than you can afford to lose. Let us know about your favorite bear market altcoin in the comments below!
I write about blockchain, crypto, NFTs and other disruptive technologies and innovations.